CD-R King: Hopeless Customer Service

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Blog reviews of CDRKing Philippines

http://www.cdrking.com/

Most of us here in the Philippines definitely have heard of CD-R King, a CD/DVD and computer hardware store located in most shopping centres and malls throughout the nation. The store has become quite popular to the average consumer when it comes to the purchase of blank CD/DVDs. What I don’t understand is how a typical person can endure the long waiting lines and crowded small stores in order to get what they want. Imagine waiting in line for roughly 30 minutes! Furthermore, the priority system is mismanaged and disorganized. The management should have designed two priority systems, one catered to the sale of blank media, these are the CD/DVDs, the other to the sale of hardware and accessories.

Here’s what I experienced with one of the CD-R King stores in Cebu, I’m talking about the SM Cebu City branch. A few weeks ago I walked in the store and grabbed a priority number. I headed towards the CD/DVD section. At that time we were all packed and squashed inside the store. I had a hard time moving around and I can clearly remember repeating the usual phrase,”Excuse Me” a number of times. I reached the “desk” and I noticed that there were only a few more numbers before mine. So I patiently waited for ten minutes. Once my number was called I gladly gave my priority number to the sales girl, only to find out that my number was from the second batch. Wait, there are two batches? They told me I had to wait for the first batch to end. In other words I had to wait for an additional one hundred priority numbers before mine would be called. Why in the world would you make a customer wait so long?

As a dissatisfied customer I complained to these group of “ya-ya” (typical Filipino term for sloppy) sales girls. Of course when I usually converse, I use my mother tongue, English (I can barely speak Cebuano dialect). Can you imagine that one of the sales girls questioned me asking why I was speaking English (What they didn’t know was that I can grasp a little bit of Cebuano, so I understood what she said). With that, I threw my priority number on the “desk” and left the store.

To summarize things up:

  • CD-R King has poor management skills
  • They employee uneducated store personnel – Disrespectful, rude and impolite
  • Long lines at all CD-R King Stores, thus, making the customer wait (Business 101 – Never let the customer wait)

Here’s an honest comment for CD-R King as I know someone from the company will be visiting this blog post as I just sent them a customer complaint:

You just lost a customer (I was planning to spend P200). Moreover, you created a horrible image of your company. Oh, another thing. Fix your FUCKING priority system. Don’t expect to make your customers wait long! Go back and learn the basics of business ethics.

http://www.mangochico.com/cd-r-king-hopeless-customer-service/

Ito ang nCache ng http://www.mangochico.com/cd-r-king-hopeless-customer-service/ ng Google. Isa itong snapshot ng pahina bilang paglitaw nito sa 29 Hun 2009 19:19:57 GMT. Ang kasalukuyang pahina ay maaaring nagbago sa pansamantala. Dagdagan ang nalalaman

click here to see the original blogger entry if google still has online

And here are some of the comments people made to this posting

@goryoboy

Which CD-R King stores are talking about? And I still haven’t received a reply from CD-R King’s customer support regarding my complaint. How pathetic!

Kelvin Yu says:

you are not alone! join our anti cdrking group!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=27308432081

Oneofthenumerousunsatisfiedcustomer says:

Last 16 January 2009 i purchased a USB WiFi Adapter for my desktop i waited for quite sometime (30 mins or more) when my turn came…I ask for the saleslady if they have an available USB adapter…she recommends the one with a brand name ENCORE….i was surprised that is more cheaper with the one i saw in another store so i hurriedly bought it…and i presume i had a good buy for my adapter…so i installed the purchase adapter right away when i got home…but to find out its not getting any signal…so the following day (17 Jan) i went to my personal Technical support to install and have it check…he says am not getting any signal from our WiFi. Disgusted and tired i went back at CD-R King SM clark where i bought it. Again i waited for more than 45 mins to get my turn…As i was attended by the saleslady then she said you could have go directly to our Technical support for your replacement…i said…you were to busy to attend to me because its not yet my priority number! To make it short i went to their technical support to have my USB WiFi adapter check they too find out that its not getting any signal…afterwhich, i demand for a refund…the Asst Branch Head said it is not possible because its not in their policy to refund…but i insisted because this is not what i paid for…i dont want to undergo again the same procedure of waiting for centuries again…after 1 hour of deliberation and arguments the Asst. Branch head conceded and refund my money…(thanks God!)

TinTel says:

I’ve done business with most CDR King branches in Manila and I have to say that customer service is not one of their strongest points. Some sales clerks make you feel like you owe them because they attended to you. Parang utang na loob ko pa na benentahan ako! Not a few disgruntled customers leave the store in a huff, and they don’t look like they care. A few lost customers won’t affect them; in fact it would make their lives easier. And their queuing system? Imagine having to stand in line for half an hour only to be told that they don’t have the item you want. You think of asking first before queuing but no one pays attention to you if you’re not in line. You ask if they have it in other branches, and they look at you like you’re crazy for thinking they would actually help you find out.

Kenneth says:

The same situation in two CD-R king stores here in Pampanga. Bitchy salesladies, poor service, disgusting management. I don’t buy any of their crap anymore!

hater says:

I have recently encountered a problem with the Wi-Fi router I bought from CD-R King. Apparently, they have a special hotline for those having problems with the installation of the said router.

So I called the wireless assistance [(02) 666-4567] they posted on their website. I was on my best behaviour, I swear I was. The guy on the other line did not even ask for my name, isn’t that a protocol? So there, whatever, he made me do all of this stuff with my modem, laptop and wireless router wires. After some time, I have noticed the change on the tone of his voice. A somewhat annoying, and impatient tone that really ticked me off. I swear, ang bastos. Sarcastic pa ‘yung pagkaka-instruct. Alright, given that, I don’t know anything much about computers and I really need some special instructions, hindi naman reason ‘yun not to be patient diba? At as a Customer Service hotline person hindi ka dapat maging rude or magpakita ng kahit anong sign ng impatience toward the customer. Ang bastos kasi eh, alam mo yun.

Mahal ba bumili ng manners? Mahirap bang magsabi ng ‘po’ at ‘opo’? They have the poorest service. Kung ikukumpara mo sa ibang computer gadget stores, sa kanila ang may pinaka bastos na crew and, what? Pinaka walang kwenta? Ang sad, sana kumuha man lang sila ng mga taong may manners.

One more thing, I have also experienced the poor service of their stores. Hindi lang ‘yung sa service hotline. I have watched them make chismis of their boyfriends while watching a line of 5 people. How pathetic is that?

(02) 666-4567 yung number ng hotline
Nino – name ng nambastos na person
and he has this supervisor who’s as stupid as him.

I hope they all get their Karma someday.

Love,
Hater

Ica says:

I always have a terrible time whenever I drop by cd-r king. I mean, damn, they can totally zap all your free time by making you queue in their cramped weeny space. It has always been like that no matter which branch I visit (SM Manila, Robinsons Place, etc). If not for their cheap products, I’d seriously give them some ass kicking.

And talk about rude personnel! They argue by telling you that this or that customer got there first. But how the hell would they know who got in first considering their mismanaged system of attending to customers (and again, their cramped space)?

That’s why I always give serious tongue lashing to every cd-r king employee who attend to me.

charmaine says:

duuuh cd r king suckz! i have so many bad experience with them… and now i said to myself i will never ever buy on cd r king!

juliepoy says:

CDR-King’ s sucks big time! Lousy sales lady plus cheap products but most don’t last long. I had bought 2-3 optical mouse from them that lasted usually for only for 3-5 months. Speaker lasted for 1 month. No wonder they have such short warranty period.

I was also thinking– they are selling technology but where is technology in their management and inventory system.

Gambit says:

I totally agree. although CDR King has great prices, their service really leaves something to be desired. And every one I talked to who has visited the stores have the exact same opinions (queues, rude salespersons.) seems they don’t mind losing a few customers since their queues are always long. this is true for most (every?) CDR King store I’ve visited.

Every time I pass by one of their stores (I rarely buy anything anymore from them unless I really need to) I fervently hope that another company offering similar products (but has better service) pops up and gives CDR King a run for their money.

albert says:

this blog/article/whatever its called, should be published in public places so that they will learn from ther stupid service.

note: if you want to be the first customer, go there exactly when SM city cebu opens (around 10am) ^_^

It depends if you were speaking to them in English. They tend to get pissed off with English-speaking customers.

0 comments

Post a Comment